David and Meri Scott’s wedding took place downtown Raleigh at The Merrimon-Wynne house. This beautiful venue is located right in the heart of historic downtown Raleigh. It’s hard to miss when driving by. The house was built in the eighteen hundreds and is super charming and elegant on the inside. Each room is so unique and beautiful in its own way!
I loved getting to know and work with David and Meri Scott. And I especially loved seeing their personalities come out when surrounded by their family and friends. Even though the weather was a little hot, they didn’t let it get in the way from having a fabulous evening. And a huge shout out to the amazing creative team who made this day possible. It was Floral Lawn Party Magic!
A few things that I absolutely loved about their special day:
1) How sweet Meri Scott and her bridesmaids were. The day ran so smoothly and we were ahead of schedule. The girls were so easy-going and fun to be around!
2) The flower arrangements! Anna from Meristem Floral is so talented. You can’t go wrong with white flowers and greenery. And I have never seen a ceiling look more gorgeous with the floral chandelier that hung in the Carriage House for their ceremony.
3) Meri Scott’s non traditional wedding dress from Gilded. Which happens to be my favorite bridal shop in the Raleigh area! The Merrimon-Wynne house was the perfect backdrop to show off that gorgeous dress!
4) Watching David open up his wedding day gift. Meri Scott bought him a pair of glasses that enhances color for anyone with color blindness!
5) And lastly…I now know why Meri Scott wanted to wear sparkly slip on shoes for her wedding day. So she can DANCE! That was probably the highlight of my night. Her and her girls danced like no one was watching! Especially when their special requested song from the movie, Space Jam came on. THE BEST! Joe Bunn from Bunn DJ Company killed it on the dance floor. He had everyone dancing all night!
Honestly, the whole day was just perfect. And I was honored to play a small part in it. Thank you David and Meri Scott for choosing me as your wedding photographer. And Congratulations to you both!
CREATIVE TEAM :