Morgan and Lauren’s engagement session took place in Durham, North Carolina at the Sarah P. Duke Gardens. We eventually made our way over to Duke University where we caught the most magical sunset lighting. It was the perfect back drop for the cutest couple! I can not wait for their October Wedding this year in Raleigh, North Carolina!
This wedding was extra special for me because Joshua and Ashley are great friends of my husband and I. We have watched them form into a powerhouse couple, walked with them through their relationship, and got to be on the front row as God has been shaping them into the couple they are today. We are so proud of them and glad we get to call them family!
It was also the second time that my husband did the ceremony while I was the wedding photographer! Josh and Ashley got married on a gorgeous April afternoon here in Raleigh, North Carolina. Their ceremony took place at the WRAL Azalea Gardens and the reception following at the NC State University Club. Their day was so perfect and I'm always honored when friends ask me to capture their wedding day!
A few of my favorite moments from their wedding day include:
1) The happy tears and laughter shared when Josh and Ashley had their private moment praying over each other and exchanging letters. They didn't have a first look, but this moment was just as special!
2) Joshua's face as Ashley walked down the aisle. That is always one of my favorites parts of a wedding day. To see the groom's anxious, excited, semi nervous, and happy reaction. I have to keep it together myself at times!
3) Everything about their ceremony was so beautiful! Other than the fact they had a hot pastor performing the ceremony ( My husband! Lol ) , their ceremony was so moving. They had a time of worship in front of all their closest friends and family before saying " I Do " Everyone who was walking around the Gardens that afternoon stopped in their tracks and had a moment of silence. As I was photographing them both, I looked up to find everyone else in a distance watching as well. The world stopped for those couple of moments as we all worshiped.
4) The golden hour light we had for sunset pictures! I snuck Josh and Ashley out of the reception for about 10 minutes. We stepped right outside on the terrace and had the best lighting. You would of thought they were models out there because they killed their Bride & Groom portrait shots!
David and Meri Scott's wedding took place downtown Raleigh at The Merrimon-Wynne house. This beautiful venue is located right in the heart of historic downtown Raleigh. It's hard to miss when driving by. The house was built in the eighteen hundreds and is super charming and elegant on the inside. Each room is so unique and beautiful in its own way!
I loved getting to know and work with David and Meri Scott. And I especially loved seeing their personalities come out when surrounded by their family and friends. Even though the weather was a little hot, they didn't let it get in the way from having a fabulous evening. And a huge shout out to the amazing creative team who made this day possible. It was Floral Lawn Party Magic!
A few things that I absolutely loved about their special day:
1) How sweet Meri Scott and her bridesmaids were. The day ran so smoothly and we were ahead of schedule. The girls were so easy-going and fun to be around!
2) The flower arrangements! Anna from Meristem Floral is so talented. You can't go wrong with white flowers and greenery. And I have never seen a ceiling look more gorgeous with the floral chandelier that hung in the Carriage House for their ceremony.
3) Meri Scott's non traditional wedding dress from Gilded. Which happens to be my favorite bridal shop in the Raleigh area! The Merrimon-Wynne house was the perfect backdrop to show off that gorgeous dress!
4) Watching David open up his wedding day gift. Meri Scott bought him a pair of glasses that enhances color for anyone with color blindness!
5) And lastly...I now know why Meri Scott wanted to wear sparkly slip on shoes for her wedding day. So she can DANCE! That was probably the highlight of my night. Her and her girls danced like no one was watching! Especially when their special requested song from the movie, Space Jam came on. THE BEST! Joe Bunn from Bunn DJ Company killed it on the dance floor. He had everyone dancing all night!
Honestly, the whole day was just perfect. And I was honored to play a small part in it. Thank you David and Meri Scott for choosing me as your wedding photographer. And Congratulations to you both!
CREATIVE TEAM :
Justin and Elise got married on a cool December day at The Bradford in New Hill North Carolina. It was my very last wedding for 2017, but it was probably one of my favorites! The vendors who helped put this day together did a wonderful job! I actually never met Justin and Elise until the day of the wedding since they have been studying abroad in London. Even though it was the first time we met, I felt like I've known them longer! They were so sweet and I'm glad they chose me to photograph their "first day of forever."
Some of my favorite details/moments from their wedding include:
1) Elise's details she had picked out for her wedding day. Everything from her shoes to jewelry were stunning! I loved how she had a handwritten note from her Grandma with a broach tied to her bouquet. Elise also bought cufflinks for Justin with a map and coordinates on them that have special meaning to them It's details like those that make a wedding so personal and special!
2) The flower arrangements! Diane from Bowerbird Flowers always creates beautiful arrangements. The hues in the bouquets are some of my favorite colors!
3) Justin's reaction as Elise walked down the aisle. Seriously...scroll down to see them! I couldn't help but tear up myself as I was going through all of the photos.
4) The color of the Bridesmaid dresses! They were this soft dusty blue color which was perfect for a winter wedding. And the color looked so flattering on every single bridesmaid.
5) When the Groomsmen asked to pop champagne off the balcony. Usually when groomsmen have specific requests, I get a little scared! Ha! But in this case, I loved the idea and it was so fun!
6) The dessert and cake table decorated by Amanda from Amanda Blair by Design. Those donut displays by Duck Donuts! Can't say I didn't try one :)
Overall, the whole day was just perfect and romantic. Congratulations to Justin and Elise! I hope you two are having an amazing time on your honeymoon. Thank you for letting me play a small part on your big day!
Creative Team :
Venue : The Bradford
Florist : Bowerbird
Styling & Coordination : Amanda Honeycutt from Amanda Blair by Design
Entertainment : Perfect Event Entertainment
Makeup & Hairstylist : Silverceiling Beauty
I love clients that feel more like friends. And sessions that don't feel like "work." That's exactly what Dalton and Nikki's Session was all about! The second I met them, it just felt natural. I loved getting to know them and hearing more about their love story!
Their engagement sessions took place downtown Durham at the American Tobacco District. It seemed like the perfect background for their style. And can we mention how amazing they look in their outfits!? I'm so excited for their wedding in August next year!